I always loved Valentine’s Day when I was a kid because it was such a fun holiday for crafting. Anything that could be heart-shaped and covered in glitter was going to be given a Valentine’s Day makeover. Here are a few Valentine’s Day crafts for kids that they can easily make at home.
Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids
- Heart Suncatcher: You will need clear, contact paper, construction paper, tissue paper, and (of course) sequins and glitter to make these heart suncatchers.
- Fancy Heart Cookies: It’s always fun to bake themed cookies for holidays, and for Valentine’s Day, you have to have heart-shaped cookies. Check out this tip for making your cookies extra fancy.
- A Long Distance Hug: I am loving this craft idea to send special gifts to family members who live out of town. Construction paper and ribbon are all you need to send a long distance hug.
- Homemade Valentines: If your kids are sending out Valentine’s this year, here are a few ideas for homemade Valentines that they will love to recreate.
- Valentine Mailboxes: My kids make Valentine mailboxes in school every February. With distance learning, Valentine’s Day looks a little different this year, but that doesn’t mean we can’t spread a little love. You could make these valentine mailboxes at home, and leave little notes in them throughout the month.
What kind of crafts are you making with your kids for Valentine’s Day?