As a mom on the go, life gets busy. We can often forget to keep up with the daily maintenance of being a women, but it’s important to take the time to focus on yourself. These beauty tricks and tips will help!
5 Beauty Tricks And Tips
- As a hairstylist, I would have to say to keep up your hair. Make time every 6 to 8 weeks for your cut and color. Keep in mind, roots will never be in.
- Get into the habit of moisturizing your face every morning and every night. Before moisturizing, make sure you clean your face thoroughly with a mild cleanser. Pick a moisturizer that is specifically made for the face. Moisturizing your face will help you look and feel younger, and you will have softer, hydrated, and more radiant skin.
- It is very rare to fit in a shower each day when you are a busy mom, let alone apply a full face of makeup. Please don’t let go of the effort — mascara, a little powder, and a light lipgloss will go a long way!
- Make sure to keep nail polish remover and a light pink or even a clear polish in your home at all times. Even if, on a rare occasion, I get the chance to make it to a nail salon, the polish only lasts 2 days. Between baby, household chores, and work, my hands are always in water. Having a light color around helps me maintain decent-looking nails.
- Lastly, I want you to remember what made you feel good before having your baby. For some women it was a new pair of heels, a designer handbag, new makeup, a relaxing facial or massage, or a new outfit. A recent visit to the mall made me aware of this. I received three compliments on my baby’s adorable outfit that matched from head to toe, and then I got a glimpse of myself through the storefront window wearing leggings and a T-shirt. Leggings are OK for the gym or a quick errand but shouldn’t be my every day look. A new outfit used to make me feel happy, confident, and alive. I vow to buy myself something once a month that makes me feel good. Hold true to making sure you stay you, just an updated “mom-like” version of you.
Marisa — Mom of Mikey